Welcome to EnviroDIY, a community for do-it-yourself environmental science and monitoring. EnviroDIY is part of WikiWatershed, a web toolkit designed to help citizens, conservation practitioners, municipal decision-makers, researchers, educators, and students advance knowledge and stewardship of fresh water. New to EnviroDIY? Start here

MayFly initialization problem

Home Forums Mayfly Data Logger MayFly initialization problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #1742
      Paul Dyer
      Participant

      I am trying to connect a magnetic flow meter to the Mayfly. I have completed the work on the flow meter and have it generating a 4-20 ma signal proportional to flow velocity. I purchased a Mayfly to act as the data logger and ultimately transmit the data for analysis. I have been working with Arduinos for a short time, and have an UNO working with the current version of the IDE. When I try to add the Mayfly using the instructions given on the site I get Java errors. When I leave the IDE and try to re-start it, I get the initial screen but nothing after that. To regain use of the IDE I have to reload Windows 7 and re-install the IDE. Since I am new to the MayFly I assume I am doing something incorrectly. Any help/hints are appreciated

    • #1744
      Paul Dyer
      Participant

      I finally figured this out. The latest Arduino IDE (1.6.12) apparently does not support the MayFly. I installed 1.6.5 and got the board up and running using the example sketch. I suggest further investigation and possible modification of the instructions given in Getting Started

    • #1758
      Shannon Hicks
      Participant

      This topic got answered in another thread, but I’ll post the answer here since it’s important:

      After extensive testing with 8 of the latest versions of the IDE, I can confirm that the EnviroDIY board configuration file that is currently posted on Github will work with Arduino IDE versions 1.6.5 through 1.6.12.

      There was an update done to the IDE starting with version 1.6.11 that caused an incompatibility with the Mayfly configuration file on GitHub. But I just updated that config file and tested it with version 1.6.11 and 1.6.12, and everything is working fine now. Thanks for pointing out the issue, Paul and Marion.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.