Our apologies for the several sets of bugs on the Monitor My Watershed / EnviroDIY / ODM2DataSharingPortal.
The short story is we have had 3 sets of issues in the last two weeks:
- Browse window not mapping sites or populating filter pane #496
- Fixed! No loss of data.
- Networking (Domain Name System) issues
- Hours of data were unfortunately lost May 5-7, unfortunately.
- “Sparkline” plots and CSV downloads not functioning
- No data are being lost. All data will “come back” when we fix it.
- The cause was related to #1 and maybe #2
- Issue is caused by a corrupted catalog crosswalk (similar to what happened previously with Data isn’t appearing in sparklines or TSA – but only for some parameters #436)
- We know how to do the short term bandaid fix, and it takes a good bit of processing resources/time and needs to be monitored. Unfortunately, we didn’t find a window this week to do it. We will prioritize it for early next week.
- The long term fix requires a big architectural overhaul, which we have mapped out but are seeking funding before we start. For an idea of what is required, see our Release 0.12 – Tech Debt updates and and Release 0.13 – Refactor code for performance & scalability Milestones.
Thank you for your patience with these issues. We’re very excited to overhaul the system and are getting closer to pulling together sufficient funds.