- This event has passed.
Virtual Workshop: Building an EnviroDIY Monitoring Station
February 9, 2021 - February 10, 2021
When: February 9-10, 2021, noon to 4 p.m. each day.
Where: Zoom Meeting
Audience: Individuals and groups who want guidance in building, programming, installing, and managing EnviroDIY monitoring stations. The workshop is limited to 12 participants.
Cost: $425* (attendance fee, per person). If multiple attendees join from a single computer via Zoom, only one attendee from that group must register. Attendees must purchase additional equipment separately (see Registration section below).
*If you are participating on behalf of a Pennsylvania watershed protection organization or your organization is part of the Delaware River Watershed Initiative you may qualify for financial assistance; contact David Bressler for details.
This workshop will guide attendees through the process of building an EnviroDIY monitoring station. Attendees will leave the workshop with a functional monitoring station equipped with a Conductivity/Temperature/Depth (CTD) sensor and cellular data transmission to the Monitor My Watershed data portal. Read this flyer to make sure this workshop is right for you. You must have a laptop computer and the ability to install software on your computer to participate in the workshop.
Workshop registrants must complete steps 1-5 below by the dates listed and read the additional deployment costs for an EnviroDIY Monitoring Station explained below.
By December 31, 2020:
By January 8, 2021:
3. Purchase your kit ($475). We will mail it to you.
4. Purchase your CTD sensor (~$500). When ordering, you must specify that you want the 3.5 mm stereo plug on the sensor cable.
5. Purchase a lithium-ion battery (~$20).
There are additional costs to deploy your monitoring station after the workshop:
- Up to $200 for station installation equipment and supplies (equipment/supply list provided at workshop).
- About $10/month cellular data plan for the transmission of data to Monitor My Watershed online data portal.
- We recommend reserving $500 for future parts and sensor replacement in the event of vandalism, accidents, and wear and tear.
Questions? Contact David Bressler.